Installation Instructions / Tips
1. Completely disassemble axle housing so that all you have remaining is the two plastic housing halves.
2. Using a Dremel/rotary tool equipped with a sanding drum, remove the bearing retaining lip highlighted in red in Fig. 1 below.
3. This step is not required but is recommended. Reassemble the two axle housing halves with the beef tubes inside, and install the chubs/lock outs to beef tubes using 3mm x .50 x 8mm button head cap screws. Drill holes through the housing and Beef Tube, referenced in Fig. 2 below, with a 2.5mm (.0984") drill bit and tap the holes with a 3mm x .50 tap. These will help secure the tube to the housing for the most strength possible.
4. Reassemble the axle with your Beef Tubes in reverse order that you disassembled it. If your rear shafts will not go back in, DO NOT FREAK OUT!!!
The newer version of the SCX10 has an updated style rear axle shaft.
Simply remove a little bit of the lip, circled in red, in Fig. 3 below, and you will be fine. The easiest way to do this is to chuck the shaft in a hand drill and while spinning the shaft with said hand drill, apply pressure to the lip with a file and you will see that it takes no time to trim it down. You can do it any way you wish. This is just a simple recommendation.
If you chose to do step #3, install 3mm x .50 x 4mm button head cap screws in these holes.
5. Go out and beat on your rig!